Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way………
Let’s celebrate Christmas with fun family activities this month. We have 3 Christmas activities to play – Pin Rudolf’s red nose on, make Christmas tree table decorations from cardboard boxes and Bake & decorate Santa cookies!
Great for all ages to play, learn and be creative together.
Activity Sheet 6. –Edx Education Pin the red nose on Rudolf the Reindeer
Celebrate Christmas with the family by playing ‘Pin the Red nose on Rudolf’! Children enjoy all things Christmas, great indoor game for the whole family to enjoy the spirit of the Christmas Season together.
Activity Sheet 7. –Edx Education Christmas tree table decorations
Do you have extra cardboard boxes? Let’s use them to make Christmas Tree Table decorations, use the activity sheet as a stencil, draw a tree and cut it out. Then it’s time to decorate your tree, make it fun, be creative with a rainbow tree, purple, blue or pink one.
Activity 8. –Edx Education Santa Basic Butter Cookie
Let’s Bake and decorate Santa cookies, time to be creative and use all the colours of the rainbow to make Santa cookies, Rudolf cookies and Christmas tree cookies!
n.b Adult supervision is required for this activity, if your child has allergies please use appropriate ingredients or if you are unable to cook just use a plain cookie similar to a butter cookie.
Butte Cookie Ingredients
- 225g butter, softened
- 110g caster sugar
- 275g plain flour
Butter Cookie Method
- Preheat oven to 180 C/Gas 4
- Cream the butter in a large bowl or in a food mixer until soft. Add the sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour and bring the mixture together to form a dough.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into small balls and place them slightly apart on a baking tray. Flatten them slightly and bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes or until they are a light golden brown and slightly firm on top.
- Carefully transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool
- Icing sugar – colour of your choice
- Coloured sprinkles
- chocolate buttons or m&m’s
- Put icing sugar on the cookie, so the sprinkles and decorations stick to the icing.
- Use your imagination, decorate Santa face use the red sprinkles for a hat, white for his beard and chocolate buttons for his eyes, Christmas Decorations use all the colours of the rainbow…
Each week we will have more fun activities available on the Play blog ready for Christmas cheer and family fun.
Posted by Heather Welch, Edx Education